11 Jun The countdown begins
There is barely a month left for the beginning of the Menorca Film Festival 2019. That is why during the next weeks we will inform you about all the news on our website, and you can buy the tickets for the sessions that interest you the most. For now, we leave you all sections of the festival this year. Let’s engage!
Sections Menorca Film Festival 2019
– Islas en corto – BALEARICS IN SHORT AND ISLANDS IN SHORT. Two sections, that of the submitted works of the Islands and the international section of short films. This year we received about 600. Among the highlights, there is the Oscar winner of the last edition, Skin. The Valletta Film Festival and Filmets collaborate in the Baleares in Short section.
– Islas en largo – Projection of feature films, with the opening of the festival in the Plaza de la Catedral on the 15th and the closing, which will take place on the Isla del Rey, on the 20th. During the week there will be different screenings in the patio of Sant Francesc de Maó. The prestigious Lux Awards collaborate in this section with the assignment of the film The Woman of the Mountain.
– Children’s session – in collaboration with Filmets. There are two theater and circus companies that will accompany the sessions for the little ones.
– Social Cinema (NEW) – is a new section and we premiere it with the theme of transsexuality.
– Young shorts – is also a “young” section, which consists of the projection of the short film contest by filmmakers under 30 years.
– Special video clips (NEW) – with the idea of attracting a younger audience, we have programmed this new section of video clips, which will be screened at the Margaret bar in Ciutadella and in the courtyard of Sant Francesc de Maó, where the Mecal Festival collaborates.
– Parallel activities
- Exhibition For the living sea.
- An exhibition about Melière de La Caixa.
- Concert with the name of the Festival in the Paput bar.
- Benefit concert of soundtracks performed by the Minorcan pianist Kiev Portella at the Teatro Principal de Maó and with the organization of the Rotary Club.