17 Jun Som Festivals 3rd meeting of Festivals.
DATE: Friday, July 19th
VENUE: Museum of Menorca
What does it mean financially for a city to host a film festival? Representatives of different festivals will debate on this issue and will examine the upcoming future challenges.
- José Luis Cienfuegos, director of the Seville European Film Festival. The purpose of the Seville Festival is to promote and disseminate European cinema, establishing itself as an annual meeting place for European film talent, specialized journalists and professionals from the sector. Nine days where industry, public and critics coexist amongst a selection of the best European films.
- Luis González, director of Alcine. Alcalá de Henares Film Festival/ Community of Madrid, founded in 1969, it has become over the years one of the leading festivals in the category of short films and young creators.
- Angelique Muller, director of the Valletta Film Festival. The Valletta Film Festival is the largest annual film event in Malta. Its aim is to strengthen the cinema culture in Malta by organizing film events, promoting networking among film professionals, and providing exhibition platforms for filmmakers.
- Alba Paz, co-director of Cinespaña. Founded in 1996 in the city of Toulouse, this festival aims to promote Spanish cinema, presenting Spanish film productions to French audience and film professionals.
- Josep Vinyeta, director of FILMETS Badalona Film Festival. International short film festival featuring fiction, animation and documentary that focuses on new productions from the international scene, coming from the main short-film distributors, film schools and filmmakers from all over the world.