17 Jun Cinema & Sustainability: towards Green shooting
DATE: Thursday July 18th
TIME: 10am to 2pm
VENUE: Museum of Menorca
Round table + screenings
In the processes of production and distribution, cinema generates an environmental impact that could be reduced by establishing more sustainable policies. What lines should be outlined?
Round table moderated by actor Sergi López.
- Luz Molina. Lawyer, adviser, and project manager. Head of Green Screen – a project which aims to improve and implement sustainable measures in the audiovisual sector.
- Miguel Ángel Tobías. Film and TV director. Founder of the production company ACCA Media. Director of El secreto de Ibosin, the first eco-film supported by the Consell d’Eivissa and that is also a tribute to the island.
- Irene Estaún. Director of the Biosphere Reserve. She holds a degree in Environmental Sciences and has been the co-director of Menorca’s Waste Plan as well as having worked on European island projects.
- Marcos Martín. Co-founder and CEO of Descelera Menorca, the world’s first startup decelerator company. Specialist in sustainability, bioenergy, has worked in many international environmentally-related companies.
After the round table we will head to Sant Francesc patio to enjoy the following screenings:
- More fish, less plastic. Videos from the campaign Menorca Preservation to raise awareness towards reducing single-use plastic containers.
- Scott and Milá. Ep. 4. Movistar +. Mercedes Milá will present this episode on eco-awareness.
- Birthplace by Jorik Dozy. Short film. A poetic metaphor of the reality of our seas.